Delaware Solid Waste Authority John P. "Pat" Healy Scholarship
- Must be legal residents of Delaware and U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens who are high school seniors or full-time college students in their freshman or sophomore years
- Must major in either environmental engineering or environmental sciences at a Delaware college
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA ) prior to the application deadline
Awards for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- $2,500 for first place recipient
- $1,500 for second place recipient
- Renewable for up to three additional years if a 3.0 GPA is maintained
- A formal presentation will be made by the Delaware Solid Waste Authority to the recipients
Based on financial need, academic performance, community or school involvement, and leadership ability.
- Application opens on December 1, 2018 and ALL application materials must be received by 4:30 p.m. on March 4, 2019
- Applicants must file the FAFSA prior to the deadline for the application.
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site . First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Complete online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are, or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. This is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities that you have been involved in, either in or out of school.
- If you are a high school senior, or have less than 12 college credits, Provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office :
- For students attending Delaware public or charter high schools: The Delaware Higher Education Office will access your 9 th through 11 th grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.
- For home-schooled students or students attending private high schools in Delaware : Please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9 th through 11 th grade high school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office at email@example.com by the scholarship deadline.
- If you have 12 or more college credits, send a copy of your unofficial college transcript to the Delaware Higher Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
- FAFSA filed prior to the deadline.
Last Modified on November 19, 2018