Delaware Open Cross Country Championship Scholarship
- Applicants must be nominated by their cross country coach. Each high school that is a member of the New Castle County Cross Country and Track Coaches Association (N5CTA) may nominate one male and one female student.
- Nominees must be :
- high school seniors who are Delaware residents attending a N5CTA-member school in Delaware
- students who have participated in high school cross country program(s) during junior and senior years
- students with a minimum cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.5 in high school core curriculum, and
- planning to enroll full-time in a two- or four-year program of study at a regionally accredited college.
- $2,000 each to one male and one female student for freshman year of college
- 50% Financial need
- 25% Academic achievement
- 25% Participation in cross country programs
In the event of two equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to All State selection, All County selection, and/or All Catholic selection.
- The deadline to apply for the 2018-19 academic year is 4:30 PM on Monday, November 6, 2017.
- Create an online Delaware Higher Education Office Student Account HERE and click on STUDENT ACCOUNT ACCESS to create your Student Account. Click on the blue LOG ON HERE link and then click on the blue Register button at the top of the screen to create your account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are in your Student Account click on the blue Add New Enrollment button and update your anticipated college/university enrollment for 2018. If you are not sure which school you will be attending use your top choice school at this time, it can be updated later.
- Click on the Apply for Scholarships button, choose the 2018 academic year and choose the Delaware Open Cross Country Scholarship Application
- You will be prompted to Enter in your Activities, please be sure to enter all activities that you have participated in, once you have finished entering in all of your activities click continue to next step. Once you click the “Yes, I have completed all of my activities” button you have completed your online application.
- In you have any issues in creating your Student Account or applying for the scholarship, please contact the Delaware Higher Education Office for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-735-4120
In addition to completing the online application, you must mail or fax the four items below to the Delaware Higher Education Office by the deadline.
Coaches Nomination Form signed by the nominating coach.
Unofficial copy of your High School Academic Record Report and SAT or ACT scores.
A copy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report. FAFSA can be completed online beginning October 1, 2017 at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You can apply for your FSA ID now, this FSA ID is used to sign and complete your FAFSA, both student and parent can apply for their FSA ID at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Two letters of recommendation from individuals other than your coach