Critical Need Reimbursement Program
4:30 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2019, for fall 2018 semester
4:30 p.m. Friday, June 28, 2019, for spring 2019 semester, the spring 2019 application will open on May 20, 2019
- Applicants must be full-time employees of a Delaware public or charter school who teach on a valid Emergency Certificate or a Certificate of Eligibility in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
- Districts and charter schools will reimburse teachers for all or part of tuition and registration fees paid for up to three credits/term (fall and spring) of coursework that will enable them to achieve Standard Certification, within program funding limitations.
- Recipients must complete course with a 2.0 GPA or higher on 4.0 scale ("C" or higher).
- Delaware residency is not required.
- Recipients can attend any regionally accredited college.
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2018-2019:
Subject Area Certifications Bilingual 1561 Bilingual Teacher English Language Learner 1562 Teacher of English Learners World Languages 1565 World Language Teacher Math 1532 Middle Level Mathematics Teacher
1542 Secondary Mathematics Teacher
Science 1533 Middle Level Science Teacher
1543 Secondary Science Teacher
Special Education (All Areas) 1570 Early Childhood Exceptional Children Special Education Teacher
1571 Special Education Teacher of Students with Disabilities
1573 Teacher of Students with Autism or with Severe Intellectual Disabilities
1574 Teacher of Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
1575 Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments
Business Education 1551 Business Education Teacher AgriScience Education 1550 AgriScience Teacher Family Consumer Science 1554 Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher School Nurse 1582 School Nurse Library Media Specialist 1580 School Library Media Specialist English 1531 Middle Level English Language Arts Teacher
1540 Secondary English Language Arts Teacher
Immersion (Elementary/World language) 1521 Elementary Teachers (only if seeking Immersion position with demonstrated language proficiency).
Reimbursement is made for up to the cost of three credits per term (fall and spring). The maximum reimbursement per term for the 2018-19 academic year is:
- $1,531 for undergraduate coursework
- $5,481 for graduate coursework
- $30 for the registration fee (if any)
The fall 2018 application is now closed
Once you complete the online application please forward the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline of 4:30 PM February 1, 2019.
- Unofficial college transcript showing your name, the course name and the course grade for which reimbursement is being requested.
- Tuition statement from your college showing your name and indicating the tuition and fee for the course for which you are seeking reimbursement.
- A copy of your valid Emergency Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility for the critical need area in which you are currently teaching.