Critical Need Scholarship
4:30 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2019, for fall 2018 semester
4:30 p.m. Friday, June 28, 2019, for spring 2019 semesterEligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be full-time employees of a Delaware public or charter school who teach on a valid Emergency Certificate in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
- Districts and charter schools will reimburse teachers for all or part of tuition and registration fees paid for up to three credits/term (fall and spring) of coursework that will enable them to achieve Standard Certification, within program funding limitations.
- Recipients must complete course with a 2.0 GPA or higher on 4.0 scale ("C" or higher).
- Delaware residency is not required.
- Recipients can attend any regionally accredited college.
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2018-2019:
1561 Bilingual Teacher
English Language Learner
1562 Teacher of English Learners
1565 World Language Teacher
1532 Middle Level Mathematics Teacher
1542 Secondary Mathematics Teacher
1533 Middle Level Science Teacher
1543 Secondary Science Teacher
Special Education (All Areas)
1570 Early Childhood Exceptional Children Special Education Teacher
1571 Special Education Teacher of Students with Disabilities
1573 Teacher of Students with Autism or with Severe Intellectual Disabilities
1574 Teacher of Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
1575 Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments
1551 Business Education Teacher
1550 AgriScience Teacher
Family Consumer Science
1554 Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher
1582 School Nurse
Library Media Specialist
1580 School Library Media Specialist
1531 Middle Level English Language Arts Teacher
1540 Secondary English Language Arts Teacher
Immersion (Elementary/World language)
1521 Elementary Teachers (only if seeking Immersion position with demonstrated language proficiency).
Reimbursement is made for up to the cost of three credits per term (fall and spring). The maximum reimbursement per term for the 2018-19 academic year is:
- $1,531 for undergraduate coursework
- $5,481 for graduate coursework
- $30 for the registration fee (if any)
Application Procedures will be updated shortly: