Delaware Teacher Corps
- Legal residents of Delaware .
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens .
- High school seniors must have a combined score of at least 1140 on the SAT.
- All applicants must have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time enrollment at a Delaware college in an undergraduate or graduate program leading to teacher certification in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
- Priority is given to students who intend to teach Special Education
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2018-19:
- English Language Learner
- World Languages
- Special Education (All Areas)
- Business Education
- Agriscience Education
- Family Consumer Science
- School Nurse
- Library Media Specialist
- Immersion (Elementary/World Language)
- Loan not to exceed cost of tuition.
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of teaching in a Delaware public school for one year of loan.
- The application opens April 1, 2019 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 3, 2019
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
Complete online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are, or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. This is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities that you have been involved in, either in or out of school.
Provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office, see directions below:
For students attending Delaware public or charter high schools: The Delaware Higher Education Office will access your 9th through 11th grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.
For home-schooled students or students attending private high schools in Delaware: Please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9th through 11th grade high school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office at email@example.com by the scholarship deadline.
If you have 12 or more college credits, send a copy of your unofficial college transcript to the Delaware Higher Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by the scholarship deadline.