Delaware Teacher Corps
- Legal residents of Delaware .
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens .
- High school seniors must rank in upper half of graduating class and have a combined score of 1140 on the SAT.
- All applicants must have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time enrollment at a Delaware college in an undergraduate or graduate program leading to teacher certification in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
- Awards may be prorated for students enrolled part-time.
- Priority is given to students who intend to teach Special Education
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2018-19:
- English Language Learner
- World Languages
- Special Education (All Areas)
- Business Education
- Agriscience Education
- Family Consumer Science
- School Nurse
- Library Media Specialist
- Immersion (Elementary/World Language)
- Loan not to exceed cost of tuition.
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of teaching in a Delaware public school for one year of loan.
- The application opens April 1, 2018 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 4, 2018.
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- If you are a high school senior, or have less than 12 college credits, your High School Academic Record Report and Transcript Request and your high school transcript must be submitted directly from your high school to the Delaware Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
- If you have 12 or more college credits, your College Grade Release Form must be submitted directly from your college to the Delaware Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides this form by the deadline.
Last Modified on June 27, 2018