Christa McAuliffe Teacher Incentive Program
- Legal residents of Delaware .
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens .
- Full-time students enrolled at a Delaware college in an undergraduate program leading to teacher certification .
- High school seniors must rank in upper half of class and have a combined score of 1010 on the SAT.
- Undergraduates must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Awards may be provided for programs of study not available in Delaware or prorated for part-time students.
- Preference is given to applicants planning to teach in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2017-18:
- Foreign Language
- Mathematics (Secondary)
- Occupational Therapy
- Science (Secondary)
- Special Education
- Speech Pathologists
- Loan not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses .
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of teaching in a Delaware public school for one year of loan.
- The application opens April 1, 2018 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 4, 2018.
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- If you are a high school senior, or have less than 12 college credits, your High School Academic Record Report and Transcript Request and your high school transcript must be submitted directly from your high school to the Delaware Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
- If you have 12 or more college credits, your College Grade Release Form must be submitted directly from your college to the Delaware Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides this form by the deadline.
Last Modified on February 23, 2018