Christa McAuliffe Teacher Incentive Program
- Legal residents of Delaware .
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens .
- Full-time students enrolled at a Delaware college in an undergraduate program leading to teacher certification .
- High school seniors must have an unweighted cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and a combined score of 1010 on the SAT.
- Preference is given to applicants planning to teach in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2019-2020:
- English Language Learner
- World Languages
- Special Education (All Areas)
- Business Education
- Agriscience Education
- Family Consumer Science
- School Nurse
- Library Media Specialist
- Immersion (Elementary/World language)
- Technology Education
- Award amount is $5,000 per year, not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses .
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of teaching in a Delaware public school for one year of loan.
- The application opens April 1, 2020 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on July 15, 2020
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Complete online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are, or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. This is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities that you have been involved in, either in or out of school.
Provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office, see directions below:
For students attending Delaware public or charter high schools: The Delaware Higher Education Office will access your 9 th through 11 th grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.
For home-schooled students or students attending private high schools in Delaware: Please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9th through 11th grade high school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office at email@example.com by the scholarship deadline.
If you have 12 or more college credits, send a copy of your unofficial college transcript to the Delaware Higher Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by the scholarship deadline.