Nursing Incentive Program
- Legal residents of Delaware .
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens .
- Full-time students enrolled in an accredited program leading to certification as an RN or LPN.
- High school seniors must rank in upper half of class with at least a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted GPA .
- Undergraduates must have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Current state employees do not have to be Delaware residents and may be considered for prorated awards if enrolled part-time.
- RNs with five or more years of state service may enroll in a BSN program on a full- or part-time basis.
Loan amount $5,000 per academic year (not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses)
Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative 2.75 GPA.
Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of employment at a state-owned hospital or clinic for one year of loan:
- Governor Bacon Health Center
- Emily P. Bissell Hospital (now closed)
- Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill
- Delaware Psychiatric Center
- Delaware Veterans Home
- Stockley Center
- Division of Public Health Clinic at Floyd I. Hudson State Service Center
- Division of Public Health Clinic at Winder Laird Porter State Service Center
- Division of Public Health Clinic at James W. Williams State Service Center
- Division of Public Health Clinic at Milford Riverwalk
- Division of Public Health Clinic at Adams State Service Center
- Division of Public Health Clinic at Anna C. Shipley State Service Center
- The application opens April 1, 2018 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 4, 2018.
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- If you are a high school senior, or have less than 12 college credits please forward a copy of your unofficial high school transcript to the Delaware Higher Education Office at: email@example.com by the deadline.
- If you have 12 or more college credits, please forward a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript to the Delaware Higher Education Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.