Nursing Incentive Program

  • Eligibility requirements:

    • Legal residents of Delaware .
    • U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens .
    • Full-time students enrolled in an accredited program leading to certification as an RN or LPN.
    • High school seniors with at least a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted GPA .
    • Undergraduates must have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
    • Current state employees do not have to be Delaware residents and may be considered for prorated awards if enrolled part-time.
    • RNs with five or more years of state service may enroll in a BSN program on a full- or part-time basis.


    Loan amount $5,000 per academic year (not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses)

    Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative 2.75 GPA.

    Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of employment at a state-owned hospital or clinic or a non-profit hospital located in Delaware for one year of loan:


    • The application opens January 1, 2022 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on  May 20, 2022

    To apply:

    • You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
    • Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:

      1. Complete online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are, or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. This is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities that you have been involved in, either in or out of school.

      2. Provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office, see directions below:

        For students attending Delaware public or charter high schools: The Delaware Higher Education Office will access your 9th through 11th grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.

        For home-schooled students or students attending private high schools in Delaware: Please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9th through 11th grade high school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office at by the scholarship deadline.

        If you have 12 or more college credits, send a copy of your unofficial college transcript to the Delaware Higher Education Office at by the scholarship deadline.

Last Modified on September 9, 2021