As families and educators across Delaware begin the 2011-12 school year, Secretary of Education Lillian M. Lowery will be visiting schools in each county to meet with educators and students. The following schedule is for media’s planning purposes. Contact public information officer Alison Kepner at (302) 735-4000 or email@example.com for more information or to arrange to join the secretary on a visit.
- 8 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 23rd: Sec. Lowery will join Gov. Jack Markell at the Smyrna School District Opening Day Breakfast with 593 district employees. Breakfast starts at 7:30 in the Smyrna High School cafeteria in Kent County.
- 10 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 23rd: Sec. Lowery will visit Eisenberg Elementary as the Colonial School District school begins its new year in New Castle County.
- 9:30 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 25th: Sec. Lowery will visit classrooms to meet with parents and students at Seaford High School as it launches The New Technology High School in Sussex County.
- Noon, Thursday, Aug. 25th: Sec. Lowery will join Gov. Jack Markell at Positive Outcomes Charter School, one of the state’s four Partnership Zone schools, in Kent County. The Camden school is hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate reinventing itself into a model school.
- 7:30 a.m., Monday, Aug. 29th: Sec. Lowery will spend the morning at Christina School District’s Glasgow High School, another Partnership Zone school, visiting classrooms as teachers prepare for the new school year in New Castle County. Monday is the first day for freshmen. Other students start Tuesday.
Delaware Department of Education
401 Federal Street, Suite #2
Dover, Delaware 19901
Phone: (302) 735-4035
Fax: (302) 739-4654
Other Press Releases