(Dover, DE.) Delaware Skilled and Technical Sciences students from five area career and technical high schools recently attended the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Kansas City.
During their stay, the winners of 80 Delaware SkillsUSA contests from Delcastle Technical High School, Hodgson Vocational-Technical High School, Howard High School of Technology, POLYTECH High School and Sussex Technical High School competed against 5,300 of the top students from around the country. Twenty Delaware high school students received medals for finishing in the top three places in their respective competitions. In addition, 29 Delaware students were top ten finalists in their events:
- Allison Moye of Hodgson Vo-Tech H.S.. won the Bronze Medal in Dental Assisting.
- Mattew Merritt of POLYTECH H.S. won the Bronze Medal in Medical Assisting.
- Christine Knoll, Annie Malgiero, and Stephanie Walker of Delcastle Technical H.S. won Bronze Medals in Tech Prep Human Services.
- Will Hartman and Josh Lynch of Sussex Technical H.S. won Bronze Medals in Video Product Development.
- Zach Sharpless of Delcastle Technical H.S. won the Silver Medal in Aviation Maintenance Technology.
- Dave Columbus, Kyle Rowe, and Tara VanSant of Delcastle Technical H.S. won Silver Medals in Tech Prep Architecture and Construction.
- Samantha Minner of Delcastle Technical H.S. won the Silver Medal in Practical Nursing.
- Samantha Clark, Margie Perez, Samantha Staser, Brandon Windom, and James Yoo of Delcastle Technical H.S. won Silver Medals in Quiz Bowl.
- Aisha Monroe, Sameera Thompson, and Nataja Wells of Howard H.S. of Technology won Silver Medals in Tech Prep Health Science.
Delaware's Department of Education is committed to promoting the highest quality education for every Delaware student by providing visionary leadership and superior service.
Delaware Department of Education
401 Federal Street, Suite #2
Dover, Delaware 19901
Phone: (302) 735-4035
Fax: (302) 739-4654
Other Press Releases