Field Agent, Delaware Higher Education Office
The Field Agent, in the Delaware Higher Education Office (DHEO) is a full time position. Major responsibilities include coordinating the Academic Common Market (ACM) program, providing overall management for design and production of publications and providing administrative support for financial assistance programs administered by DHEO.
Major responsibilities include:
- State coordinator for the Southern Regional Education Board (SERB) Academic Common Market (ACM)
- State coordinator for SREB Veterinary Medicine Contract Program
- Review degree programs and determine eligibility for portability of state funds for various scholarship programs
- Prepare documents for appeals to be heard by the Committee to Review Academic Program Portability, convene Committee members.
- Provide overall management for design and production of publications, such, booklets, flyers, presentations, and promotional materials.
- Provide administrative support as needed for ongoing evaluation of scholarship programs, and assistance with inquires regarding eligibility criteria and application procedures.
- Coordinate distribution of materials to reach all audiences: parents, students, school counselors, college financial aid officers and administrators, legislators, and community organizations.
- Content manager for DHEO website.
- Write news releases, create newspaper ads, and serve as media contact for ACM program.
- Represent DHEO at various events, such as college nights and family-targeted community activities.
- Performs other duties as required by the DHEO Director.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three years relevant experience in an area related to communications or publication.
- Experience creating presentations, brochures, websites, social media, and other key vehicles of communication.
- Experience implementing both internal and external communications strategies.
- Superior project management skills and delivery of results against tight deadlines.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Team orientation and willingness to contribute at all levels to ensure successful implementation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and relay complex information about Delaware higher education issues and programs to parents and the public.
- Results and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to self motivate and work independently.
- Ability to proactively problem-solve with professionalism.
Salary will be computed in accordance with the experience and training of the individual selected and in accordance with the salary schedules for employees of the Delaware Department of Education. Direct deposit of payroll checks is mandatory for state employment, and employees are paid on a lag pay schedule with the first payment made after approximately one month of employment.
A criminal background check is required. The candidate must demonstrate in the interview process an understanding of diversity issues as related to student achievement and the ability to apply the principles of multicultural education. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Field Agent should expect to perform any other related activities needed to deliver the position’s key duties and responsibilities and follow any other instructions as defined by his/her supervisor.
Mary L. Cooke, Esq.
Human Resource Office
Delaware Department of Education
401 Federal Street
Dover, Delaware 19901
The Delaware Department of Education is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or Vietnam Era veteran’s status in employment or its programs and activities.