Local Cost Recovery Specialist
Workplace Location: NCC Vo-Tech
555 Hyetts Corner Rd,
Middletown, DE 19709
Christina School District
Eden Support Services Center
925 Bear-Corbitt Road
Bear, DE 19701
Date of Employment: On or about February 11, 2013
Closing Date for Application: December 21, 2012
Description of Position
The Local Cost Recovery Specialist position will support the Children’s Services Cost Recovery Project and the employee will be based in the Christina and New Castle County Vo-Tech School Districts. This is a full time position and activities will be coordinated by the Department of Education. This position will be classified as a Financial Secretary with a title of “Local Cost Recovery Specialist”.
- Generate Medicaid claims for health-related services provided in the District schools through the school-based health program.
- Conduct quality assurance compliance reviews and monitoring in accordance with the Children’s Services Cost Recovery Project School-Based Health Services Provider Specific Manual.
- Enroll personnel and vendors in District schools with the Department of Health and Social Services and the Delaware Medical Assistance Program.
- Train practitioners in accordance with the Children’s Services Cost Recovery Project and Medicaid policy and procedures and provide on-going technical assistance in areas of program operations.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Travel regionally to various school sites to conduct review of students’ health services records to determine completeness of supportive documentation.
- Perform other Children’s Services Cost Recovery Project related duties, as assigned.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
Education: High School graduate with Associate Degree preferred.
Experience: Familiarity with Medicaid/Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) preferred.
- Interpretation and application of regulations and policy;
- Identify and communicate problem areas;
- Must demonstrate oral and written communication;
- Develop good working relationships including consultation with professional staff and managers.
- Work effectively with computers;
- Work independently;
- Work well with school district service providers, includes presenting recommendations for alternative practices, where necessary to organize and provide clear training materials and to present those materials effectively.
*Possession of valid driver’s license and access to personal automobile is required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Salary will be computed on the basis of experience and training at the Financial Secretary level in accordance with salary schedules of the Department of Education. Direct deposit of payroll checks is a condition of state employment and employees are paid on a lag pay schedule with the first payment made after approximately one month of employment.
A criminal background check is required. The successful candidate must demonstrate during the interview process an understanding of diversity, educational equity and multicultural education. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Deputy Officer should expect to perform any other related activities needed to deliver the position’s key duties and responsibilities and follow any other instructions as defined by his/her supervisor.
Mary L. Cooke, Esq.
Human Resource Office
Delaware Department of Education
401 Federal Street
Dover, Delaware 19901
The Delaware Department of Education is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or Vietnam Era veteran’s status in employment or its programs and activities.