- Prepare financial documents received from work groups for processing in FSF (requires advanced capabilities and knowledge of FSF and DOE budgets/operations)
- Provide technical assistance to FSF end users (requires excellent interpersonal skills)
- Prepare vouchers paid by Finance work group in FSF
- Approve Pcard transactions in FSF
- Balance budget sheets for DOE Administration
- Monitor purchase orders for DOE internal operations
- Process payment cancellations for stop-payment on lost vendor payments
- Maintain files for financial documents, including setting up new files each fiscal year
- Prepare files for Archives
- Maintain files for bids and attend bid openings as required
- Assist in fiscal year start up and close out including preparing chart fields, PO’s, change orders and journal vouchers.
- Assist with phone coverage as needed to maintain efficient operations within the work group
- Process, monitor and track Private Placement billings and payments
- Process Fixed Assets in FSF for school bus purchases
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicant will thrive in a fast paced environment and will excel at multi-tasking without sacrificing attention to detail;
- A High School diploma or GED with training and experience in word processing, filing, record keeping and general office procedures, some college is preferred;
- Knowledge of Federal Education grants is preferred;
- Experience with First State Financials (FSF) preferred;
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision;
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure;
- Must have excellent communication skills, handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with staff in a tactful, congenial and personal manner.
Salary will be computed on the basis of experience and training and in accordance with salary schedules for employees of the Department of Education. Direct deposit of payroll checks is a condition for state employment and employees are paid on a lag pay schedule with the first payment made after approximately one month of employment.
A criminal background check is required. The successful candidate must demonstrate during the interview process an understanding of diversity, educational equity and multicultural education. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Secretary should expect to perform any other related activities needed to deliver the position’s key duties and responsibilities and follow any other instructions as defined by his/her supervisor.
Mary L. Cooke, Esq.
Human Resource Office
Delaware Department of Education
401 Federal Street
Dover, Delaware 19901
The Delaware Department of Education is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or Vietnam Era veteran’s status in employment or its programs and activities.