District Coordinator’s Responsibilities
The process should be facilitated at the district/charter school level by a coordinator who fully understands the process and who can work with the Teacher of the Year nominees so that they fully understand the process.
Their responsibilities are as follows:
- Confirm that school and district level process is conducted according to guidelines/timelines.
- If necessary, establish a building and district-level process that provides access to all teachers.
- Fax or email the Teacher of the Year Nomination Form (see Program Guide) to Betty McFarland at DOE by May 22, 2009. (Include a listing of the Building Level Teachers of the Year. This information will be included in the TOY booklet at the banquet in October.)
- As soon as the teacher is nominated from your district, inform him/her of the TOY Portfolio Workshop 101 that will be held on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at DOE (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon).
- Assist the District/Charter School Teacher of the Year with portfolio development process, explanation of timelines; read and critique the portfolio.