The Delaware Higher Education Office administers 23 state-sponsored financial aid programs and 6 private scholarship programs to help Delawareans continue their education after high school. Unless otherwise indicated, applicants for state-funded programs must be Delaware residents and U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens.
For programs below followed by an asterisk (*), you must complete the Common Merit Application. These include:
Academic Memorial Scholarships
Professional Incentive Programs
You can complete the Common Merit Application online beginning December 3, 2012, on DHEO's secure Student Account Access site at https://dheo.doe.k12.de.us/dhec_student/login.aspx. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
In-state/in-region tuition at out-of-state colleges.
- Scholarship Incentive Program (ScIP)
- Educational Benefits for Children of Deceased Veterans and Others
- Governor's Education Grant for Working Adults
- Governor's Education Grant for Unemployed Adults
- B. Bradford Barnes Memorial Scholarship*
- Charles L. Hebner Memorial Scholarship*
- Herman M. Holloway, Sr. Memorial Scholarship*
Merit-based recruitment programs. Loan repayment provisions.
- Undergraduate and Graduate
Professional Development for K-12 Teachers
- University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine SREB Regional Contract Program
- Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine SREB Regional Contract Program
- Delaware Solid Waste Authority John P. "Pat" Healy Scholarship
- Port of Wilmington Maritime Society's Dennis Latina Scholarship
- Joseph B. Schafferman, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
Awards for Eighth and Tenth Grade Students
- Michael C. Ferguson Achievement Award
Merit-based awards for eighth and tenth grade students in Delaware public and charter schools who demonstrate superior performance on the Delaware Compehensive Assessment System (DCAS) in math and reading. Not repaid.