- Applicant must have been a resident of the state of Delaware for three or more consecutive years prior to the date of application.
- If the applicant's parent is a member of the armed forces, the parent must have been a resident of Delaware at the time of death or declaration of missing in action or prisoner of war status.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Applicant must be between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Applicant must be the child of one of the following:
- member of the armed forces whose cause of death was service-related;
- member of the armed forces who is being held or was held as a prisoner of war;
- member of the armed forces who is officially declared missing in action;
- state police officer whose cause of death was service-related; or
- state employee of the Department of Transportation routinely employed in job-related activities upon the state highway system whose cause of death was job-related.
Priority sequence for awards is
- tuition and fees at a public college in Delaware;
- tuition and fees at a private college in Delaware, if the program of study is not offered at a Delaware public college; or
- tuition and fees at an out-of-state public or private college, if there is no institution in Delaware offering the program of study.
Award will be prorated for eligible students who choose to attend an institution that is out of this sequence. Award is limited to four years.
Completed application is due at least four weeks before classes begin.
Print a copy of the application form (PDF document) and return the completed application to the Delaware Higher Education Office.