- Legal residents of Delaware
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Demonstrate substantial financial need, as determined using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have a minimum cumulative, unweighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Enroll full-time in an undergraduate degree program at a nonprofit, regionally accredited institution (http://www.chea.org/default.asp) in Delaware or Pennsylvania
- Or enroll full-time at a nonprofit, regionally accredited college in an undergraduate or graduate degree program that is not offered at the University of Delaware (http://www.udel.edu/academics), Delaware State University (http://www.desu.edu/academics) or Delaware Technical Community College (https://www.dtcc.edu/academics/programs-study).
- Graduate degree programs at the public colleges in Delaware (the University of Delaware or Delaware State University) are not eligible.
- Minors, non-degree, diploma, certificate, or continuing education programs are not eligible.
- Independent study, individualized majors, and other arranged or negotiated programs of study are not eligible.
- Delaware residents will be considered for ScIP for the 2013-14 academic year if their FAFSA is received by the federal processor by April 15, 2013. Students meeting the April 15 deadline will be notified of additional deadlines to submit (1) enrollment information and (2) GPA verification.
- NOTE: If you provide your email address on your FAFSA, subsequent enrollment and GPA requests will be sent to that email address. To avoid delivery problems, you should add our originating e-mail address (Delaware_Scholarships@doe.k12.de.us) to your address book or safe list.
- You can complete your FAFSA online after January 1, 2013, but you can apply for a PIN anytime before January 1.
- NOTE: Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
- ScIP grants are nonrenewable. Your FAFSA must be received by the federal processor by April 15 each year.
- Students who receive a denial for a ScIP grant because their degree program is offered at a public college in Delaware may submit a Petition for Academic Program Portability in spring 2013.
- Not to exceed tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses, excluding summer sessions.
- Awards will be made after July 1.
- Graduate awards: $1,000/year
- Undergraduate awards: $700 to $2,200/year, depending on GPA, as follows:
|GPA Range||Need Base||Merit Supplement||Total Award|
|3.75 - 4.0||$700||$1500||$2200|
|3.50 - 3.74||$700||$1200||$1900|
3.25 - 3.49
|3.00 - 3.24||$700||$600||$1300|
|2.75 - 2.99||$700||$300||$1000|
|2.50 - 2.74||$700||0||$700|
|Less than 2.50||0||0||0|