- Legal residents of Delaware
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Full-time students enrolled in a program preparing them for licensure as an optometrist in Delaware
- Loan not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses
- Renewable for three additional years
- Loan forgiveness provisions at a rate of one year of employment as an optometrist in Delaware for one year of loan
- The priority deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2013.
- Applicants who apply after the priority deadline will be considered to the extent that funding is available.
- You can apply online beginning December 3, 2012, by completing the Common Merit Application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site at https://dheo.doe.k12.de.us/dhec_student/login.aspx. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- Essay of no less than 1,000 and no more than 1,200 words, excluding headings and footnotes. Word count will be verified.
- College Grade Release Form must be submitted directly from your college to the Delaware Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides this form by the deadline.