In honor of the first African-American State Senator in Delaware
- Legal residents of Delaware
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- High school seniors who rank in upper half of class and have a combined score of at least 1350 on the SAT
- Enroll full-time at Delaware State University
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to the application deadline
- Full tuition, fees, room, board, and books at Delaware State University.
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- One award/year
- All application materials must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 7, 2013.
- Award recipients will be notified by Tuesday, April 30, 2013, and must accept by Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
- You can apply online beginning December 3, 2012, by completing the Common Merit Application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site at https://dheo.doe.k12.de.us/dhec_student/login.aspx. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- Essay of no less than 1,000 and no more than 1,200 words, excluding headings and footnotes. Word count will be verified.
- High School Academic Record Report and Transcript Request and high school transcript submitted directly from your high school to the Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
- FAFSA filed prior to the deadline.