- Legal residents of Delaware who are high school seniors or former graduates seeking to further their education.
- Must have been a resident of a manufactured home for at least one year prior to the application.
- May be used for any type of accredited two- or four-year degree program, or for any accredited training, licensing, or certification program.
- Full- or part-time (at least 7 credits) enrollment in an accredited program is acceptable.
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Varies, up to $2,000/year for up to two awards (usually one for a traditional student and one for a nontraditional student).
- Award recipients can reapply annually.
Evaluated on scholastic record, financial need, essay, and personal/professional recommendations.
- All application materials must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 4, 2013.
- Applicants must file the FAFSA prior to the deadline for the application.
You can apply for the 2013-14 First State Manufactured Housing Association Scholarship beginning December 3, 2012, on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site at https://dheo.doe.k12.de.us/dhec_student/login.aspx. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application. Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- Essay of at least 500 words, excluding headings and footnotes. Word count will be verified.
- If you are a high school senior, or have less than 12 college credits, your High School Academic Record Report and Transcript Request and high school transcript must be submitted directly from your high school to the Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
- If you have 12 or more college credits, your College Grade Release Form must be submitted directly from your college to the Higher Education Office
- FAFSA filed prior to the deadline. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
- Two letters of recommendation from either personal or professional sources who know you well.