- Legal residents of Delaware
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- High school seniors who rank in upper quarter of class
- Combined score of at least 1800 on the SAT
- Enrolled as a full-time student in a degree program at a nonprofit, regionally accredited institution
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Approximately 50 awards/year
- All application materials must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2013.
- Award recipients will be notified by Tuesday, April 30, 2013 and must accept by Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
- You can apply online beginning December 3, 2012, by completing the Common Merit Application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site at https://dheo.doe.k12.de.us/dhec_student/login.aspx. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- Essay of no less than 1,000 and no more than 1,200 words, excluding headings and footnotes. Word count will be verified.
- High School Academic Record Report and Transcript Request and high school transcript submitted directly from your high school to the Higher Education Office. Students are responsible for ensuring that their schools provide these forms by the deadline..