- Applicants must be nominated by their cross country coach. Each high school that is a member of the New Castle County Cross Country and Track Coaches Association (N5CTA) may nominate one male and one female student.
- Nominees must be :
- high school seniors who are Delaware residents attending a N5CTA-member school in Delaware,
- students who have participated in high school cross country program(s) during junior and senior years,
- students with a minimum cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.5 in high school core curriculum, and
- planning to enroll full-time in a two- or four-year program of study at a regionally accredited college.
- $2,000 each to one male and one female student for freshman year of college. Award may be renewed in the amount of $1,000 for sophomore year for recipients who continue to participate in cross country and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- 50% Financial need
- 25% Academic achievement
- 25% Participation in cross country programs
In the event of two equally qualified applicants, preference will be given to All State selection, All County selection, and/or All Catholic selection.
- The deadline to apply for the 2013-14 academic year was 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 7, 2012.