The process for requesting a review of qualifications is as follows:
- Applicant reviews the requirements for positions (please see qualification for ECE or SA position).
- Applicant selects the appropriate Qualifications Application form for either Early Care and Education or School-Age. (Please see ECE or SA Qualification Application)
- Applicant selects the position they believe they are qualified for, completes and signs the Qualifications Application. (Please see ECE or SA Qualification Application)
- Applicant collects official college transcripts, diplomas and training certificates to document training and education and degrees to meet the specific qualification.
- Applicant makes a copy of driver's license or photo ID and proof of age to meet qualifications.
- Applicant collects signed original of Verification of Experience forms to document total experience required to meet qualifications.
- Mail all forms, documents and copies of ID to:
Department of Education
401 Federal Street, Suite 2
Dover, DE 19901
(Faxes will not be accepted)
Applications and Vertification of Experience form are available online at www.doe.k12.de.us/programs/delfirst/qualification or by calling Delaware First at 302-735-4236 or Licensing at 302-892-5800 (Wilmington) or 302-739-5487 (Dover)
Incomplete applications or those missing documentation will be held for 60 days. Notification regarding the missing information will be sent to the applicant's address.
When the forms and documentation have been reviewed and verified, Delaware First will issue a Certificate of Qualifications that indicates the position for which you are qualified. This document is your original to keep in your own files and you will need to make copies of it for your employer(s). There may be a fee for replacement of certificates.