Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSO) promote career excellence, leadership, and citizenship. The Delaware Department of Education requires Career and Technical Student Organizations to be an integral part of a high quality education program. Schools receiving Career and Technical Education funds must support an active student organization.
The six state Career and Technical Student Organizations and their related fields are:
Benefits of CTSOs include:
- belonging to a positive group.
- allowing students to see the relationship between academics and the world of work.
- encouraging students to achieve high academic and occupational standards.
- providing an opportunity for students to gain confidence and knowledge through competition.
- motivating youth to become better students and productive citizens.
- developing school and community leaders.