Jon Neubauer, Education Associate
Phone: (302) 735-4101
Christopher Ruszkowski Chief Officer
Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Unit (TLEU)
Phone: (302) 735-4023
The State of Delaware provides a three year mentoring and induction program for educators (teachers & specialists) new to the profession that are employed in a public school within the state. The program is designed to meet the following goals:
- Provide every new teacher/specialist with a mentor for the initial phase of the program and for Cycles One and Two. The mentor helps the new teacher/specialist become familiar with the school, district, and state resources, procedures, and policies.
- Assure a seamless alignment between the five components of the Delaware Professional Appraisal System II (DPAS II) and the mentoring and induction process.
- Develop “assessment literate” new teachers/specialists who are able to review and design assessment to accurately measure student growth over time.
- Build reflective practitioners who are able to review their present level of professional performance and use that data to set goals for future professional development.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE* - Registration is now open for 2013/2014 Lead Mentor Training!
- NEW Lead Mentor Training for Teachers - (click here for dates/locations/registration instructions)
- CURRENT Lead Mentor Training for Teachers - (click here for dates/locations/registration instructions)
- NEW Lead Mentor Training for School Nurse, School Counselor & School Psychologist -(click here for dates/locations/registration instructions)
- CURRENT Lead Mentor Training for School Nurse, School Counselor & School Psychologist -(click here for dates/locations/registration instructions)
Delaware Mentoring Programs
- New Teacher Mentoring
- New School Counselor Mentoring
- New School Nurse Mentoring
- New School Psychologist Mentoring
Click on the links below for additional Mentoring Guidance for the following professions:
Scientific Research Base
The Delaware Mentoring and Induction Program is aligned with the following research:
- Enhancing Professional Development: A Framework for Teaching by Charlotte Danielson
- Classroom Assessment for Student Learning; Doing it Right-Using it Well by Richard J. Stiggins
- Five Core Propositions - The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards