Karen Field Rogers
Associate Secretary/Chief Financial Officer
Phone: (302) 735-4025
Fax: (302) 739-7768
The Finance Reform and Resource Management Branch focuses on a wide range of services and activities including the allocation and oversight of state, federal and appropriated special funds, school plant planning, including major and minor capital programs, school transportation, including public and private schools, health services, school choice, financial management, regulation and review, and human resources and quality management. The goal of the branch is to implement effective and efficient programs and services.
Financial Reform Resources provides the department with expertise and services in the areas of state funds, federal funds, appropriated and non-appropriated special funds fiscal operations.This group also provides support services to the department in day-to-day operations.
The following activities are included:
- management, accountability and reporting for all department funds;
- budget preparation and maintenance for all funding sources;
- process payroll, maintain appropriate records and provide associated services;
- support for certain personnel services;
- technical assistance to budget unit managers relating to budgeting and expenditure of funds;
- liaison support for the department to the State Clearinghouse Committee;
- preparation of all formula allocations to eligible recipients of state and federal funds;
- supplies and materials purchase and distribution for the department;
- technical assistance for department equipment such as: telephone, photo copying and computers;
- mail distribution for the department;
- support fiscal and amendment procedures for federally-funded subgrants;
- process all financial transaction documents for the department;
- assist with the development and opening of all department bids and Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for services and materials;
- assist the auditors during fiscal-related audits of the department, and manage and prepare responses to resolve fiscal-related audits;
- manage the resolution of findings contained in the annual State of Delaware Single Audit Report involving subgrant recipients of federal funds administered by the department; and
- budgeting and technical assistance for school plant planning including major and minor capital improvement programs.
- School Transportation
- Oversee Children’s Services Cost Recovery Program and the Random Moment Time Study (RMTS)
Human Resources Office
Mary Cooke, Esq.
Human Resources Officer
phone: (302) 735-4030
fax: (302) 739-7768
The goal of the Technology Resources and Data Development workgroup is to collect, organize, and facilitate access to accurate and current data in order to provide schools, districts, DOE program managers, and other information consumers easy access to the information they need to make informed educational decisions.
The guiding principals for the Technology Resources and Data Development workgroup are to: collect data once, coordinate all data collection activities within the Department of Education, improve the quality of educational decision making by providing accurate and timely information, improve the quality of reporting mechanisms, and provide user-friendly access to databases and reports.
Group activities include:
- manage the state, district and school profile reporting system and fulfill federal and state reporting requirements;
- serve as the central non-fiscal data collection arm of the department ensuring standardization of data definitions with the National Forum of the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) data definitions;
- develop and maintain data cubes within the data warehouse that provide the capability to respond to ad hoc requests for information, projections, and estimates in support of policy decisions;
- develop and maintain the DSTP-OR databases;
- administer the operation of the Department of Education Computer Center;
- manage the statewide educational communications network and DEDOE website;
- maintain an integrated master student database (DELSIS) for department and school district use;
- chair the internal data clearinghouse and provide DEDOE data manager and database administrator functions;
- design, implement and administer the Department of Education's network, including management of the telecommunications infrastructure;
- manage the statewide Pupil Accounting System (eSchoolPLUS); and
- maintain registration, enrollment and attendance data for the nonpublic schools in Delaware.