The Delaware Comprehensive Success Review provides districts and schools with research-based feedback focused on improving outcomes for all students through an on-site visit process and rubric. The Delaware Comprehensive Success Review improves outcomes for students through analysis and plan development based on a comprehensive review of school programming, student performance and processes.
Note: The Comprehensive Success Review is based on the original work of the Capacity Building for Support and Corrective Action to Districts and Schools under AYP Study Group of the Comprehensive Assessment Systems for ESEA Title I State Collaborative on Assessment and Student Standards. The work of the group was published by CCSSO as District Audit Tool: A Method for Determining Level of Need for Support to Improvement and is provided here as an original reference source.
The eight research-based rubric elements for school level on-site reviews are as follows:
- Budget and Resources
- Teacher and Student Class Assignment
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Assessment and Accountability
- Professional Development
- School Environment
- Parents and Community
The goal of the Delaware Comprehensive Success Review process is to identify areas of strengths and challenges in the research-based elements and provide technical assistance to schools in developing strategies to address the areas of need. The schools and districts will be able to include these needs, strategies and associated measures in their Success Plans for continuous school improvement.
Team Member Training Materials - PowerPoints used for training sessions for District staff, DOE staff, and outside experts who serve as the team members that conduct the onsite visit.
- Comprehensive Success Review Overview (1/2 day training)
- Comprehensive Success Review Implementation (1 day training)
On-site Documents for Team Members - Documents used by team members during the onsite visit.
- Rubrics (Elements and Criteria)
- Document Review Worksheets
- Focus Group Forms
Principal Documents - Documents used by the building principal and leadership team in preparation for the visit.
- Principal Responsibilities
- Rubric and Evidence Matrix
- Interview and Focus Group Scheduling Form
- Sample Student Focus Group Participation Permission Letter
- Sample Parent Focus Group Request for Participation Letter
- Interview and Focus Group Protocols – These are versions of the on-site documents used by team members without the spaces for recording responses. They are useful for distribution to staff and parents in preparation for the visit.