Internal Professional Development Modules
Delaware Math Cadre Common Core State Standards Modules- Grade Level Specific High Quality Professional Development Modules on the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. These professional development modules were created by the Delaware Math Cadre and based off the work of Student Achievement Partners and Achieve the Core. Each module includes a PowerPoint, Facilitator's Guide, and Activities.
External Professional Development Modules
- Math Instructional Shifts Module 1-4 hour Professional Development module, created by the authors of the Common Core State Standards, is designed to provide participants with a deep understanding of the key shifts required by the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics.
- Deep Dive into the Math Shifts This 1-3 hour module fosters a careful understanding of the Math shifts. Participants take a deep dive into the major work of grades K-8, build a deeper understanding of the coherence of the Standards, and work through sample problems that reflect the "rigor" expected by the Standards. Created by the authors of the Common Core state Standards.
- Illustrating the Standards for Mathematical Practice Ready-to-use professional development materials are designed to help teachers understand the Standards for Mathematical Practice and implement them in their classrooms. The Noyce Foundation's Inside Mathematics website [insidemathematics.org] provides the core resources for these materials. Each of the 13 modules support a 1.5- to 3-hour session that focuses on one or two of the mathematical practices.
Professional Development Resources
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics Professional Development Series This link provides an excellent source of material for planning professional development for the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Inside Mathematics Project This link provides videos of exemplary lessons being taught using the 8 mathematical practices spelled out in the Common Core State Standards as well as specific content standards at a variety of grade levels.
- The Teaching Channel Videos of exemplary lessons being taught using the mathematical practices and specific Common Core Content Standards at a variety of grade levels.
- Math Common Core Coalition Organization Made up of CCSSO, NGA, NCTM, NCSM, AMTE, ASSM, SBAC, and PARCC that provides resources for the implementation of the Common Core Standards in Math.
- Education Northwest Provides links to articles, resources, and professional development on the Common Core State Standards.
- Delaware Math Coalition The mission of the Delaware Mathematics Coalition is to identify and endorse research-based best practices in mathematics instruction.