General Resources Common Core State Standards
Common Core Video Series - Step-by-step presentations on how to implement the Common Core for ELA/Literacy.
- Common Core ELA Overview - 14-minute video provides an overview of the Common Core State Standards in ELA/Literacy.
- General ELA/Literacy: Getting Started with the Common Core Video - 27 minute video that frames the opportunities for educators to work with and apply The Common Core State Standards to help ensure students’ successful content mastery
Achievethecore.org - a site with free high quality resources to educators for transitioning and implementing the Common Core State Standards. *Please note that this is continually updated so check the site out often for new information and resources! Here are some examples of some of the Common Core State Standardsresources available:
Achievethecore.org - Professional Development Modules
- ELA/Literacy Shift Module:
- Introduction to the Key Shifts for the Common Core State Standards - Facilitator's guide modules, additonal readings and Power Point presentations with notes
- Handouts and Activities - Modules for educators as they focus on the Key Shifts.
- Text Dependent Questions Module - Modules for understanding of how text-dependent questions support the key shifts in ELA/Literacy
- Introduction to Text-Dependent Questions - Facilitator's guide modules, additonal readings and Power Point presentations with notes
- Handouts and Activities - Modules for creating, evaluating and modifying text, guides, checklist and discussion support
- Instructional Leadership Module - designed to guide and support principals, content supervisors, central office leaders, and coaches in the work of planning and carrying out the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Introduction to - Modules designed to support principals, content supervisors, central office leaders, and coaches in the work of planning and carrying out the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Handouts and Activities - Documents to read on reflecting, building capacity, and discussing the Key Shifts for the Common Core State Standards
Achievethecore.org - What to read to know more about the Common Core State Standards
Achievethecore.org - Read the voices of educators doing work for the Common Core State Standards
Achievethecore.org - Close Reading Examplars - These close reading exemplars intend to model how teachers can support their students as they undergo the kind of careful reading the Common Core State Standards require.
Achievethecore.org - Text Complexity - A collection of resources includes a set of qualitative scales and a companion document that explains the qualitative dimensions of text complexity.
America Achieves - Lesson, videos, information and links to support the Common Core State Standards
Basal Alignment Project (BAP) - Literacy educators from states across the country work together to create standards-aligned materials and address questions that teachers and administrators can use in conjunction with their current curriculum while new instructional products are being developed. You must first sign up on Edmodo. Use code "etuyrm" to join BAP group.
Component 1 ELA Resources - An overview to the Common Core State Standards via four online self navigating modules.
Component 2 ELA Resources - A more indepth face to face training which provides a more in depth involvement with the Common Core State StandardsComponent 2 Treasure Hunt (An exercise in discovering the Common Core State Standards for ELA and the various associated supporting tools.)
- Treasure Hunt (Version 1)
- Component 2 Treasure Hunt (Version 2)
- Component 2 Treasure Hunt Answer Key
Hunt Institute Video Series - The Hunt Institute and the Council of Chief State School Officers have commissioned a series of video vignettes that explain the Standards in far greater depth.
Literacy Implementation Guidance for the ELA by the International Reading Association - Developed by IRA’s Board-appointed Common Core State Standards Committee this document provides guidance on seven issues proven challenging to teachers, principals, administrators, and others who are charged with implementing the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.