All Common Core Shifts Resources
Achievethecore.org - a site with free high quality resources to educators for transitioning and implementing the Common Core State Standards. *Please note that this is continually updated so check the site out often for new information and resources! Here are some examples of some of the Common Core State Standardsresources available:
America Achieves- Lessons, videos, information and links to support the Common Core State Standards
- ELA/Literacy Shift Module:
- Introduction to the Key Shifts for the Common Core State Standards - Facilitator's guide modules, additonal readings and Power Point presentations with notes
- Handouts and Activities - Modules for educators as they focus on the Key Shifts.
- Text Dependent Questions Module - Modules for understanding of how text-dependent questions support the key shifts in ELA/Literacy
- Introduction to Text-Dependent Questions - Facilitator's guide modules, additonal readings and Power Point presentations with notes
- Handouts and Activities - Modules for creating, evaluating and modifying text, guides, checklist and discussion support
- Instructional Leadership Module - designed to guide and support principals, content supervisors, central office leaders, and coaches in the work of planning and carrying out the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Introduction to - Modules designed to support principals, content supervisors, central office leaders, and coaches in the work of planning and carrying out the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
- Handouts and Activities - Documents to read on reflecting, building capacity, and discussing the Key Shifts for the Common Core State Standards
Achievethecore.org - What to read to know more about the Common Core State Standards
Achievethecore.org - Read the voices of educators doing work for the Common Core State Standards
Achievethecore.org - Close Reading Examplars - These close reading exemplars intend to model how teachers can support their students as they undergo the kind of careful reading the Common Core State Standards require.
Achievethecore.org - Text Complexity - A collection of resources includes a set of qualitative scales and a companion document that explains the qualitative dimensions of text complexity.
Aspen Institute Digital Library - Aspen recently released new resources for the CCSS: The Tools for Teachers series of professional learning modules are open educational resources designed to meet the needs of teachers, schools, and districts making the key instructional shifts in ELA & Literacy for the Common Core.
Common Core Video Series - Videos on the Instrucitonal Shifts shared by Engage NY. A 15-part series for step-by-step presentations on how to implement the Common Core for ELA/Literacy.
- Common Core ELA Overview - 14-minute video provides an overview of the Common Core State Standards in ELA/Literacy.
- General ELA/Literacy: Getting Started with the Common Core Video - 27 minute video that frames the opportunities for educators to work with and apply The Common Core State Standards to help ensure students’ successful content mastery
- High School ELA Curriculum Video: The Gettysburg Address - 8 minute video on how an exemplar module models the 6 Shifts.
- Preparing for Close Reading with Students - 30 minute video on how educators may prepare students for close reading of a text.
- Middle School ELA Curriculum Video: Close Reading of a Text: MLK “Letter from Birmingham Jail” - 15 minute video demonstrates a model of close reading of a text.
SPDG -State Personnel Development Grant - Model Units developed by University of Delaware's Writing Project students in partnership with the Delaware Department of Education
The Common Core Implementation Video Series - The Hunt Institute and the Council of Chief State School Officers have commissioned a series of video vignettes that explain the Standards in far greater depth.
- Common Core State Standards: A New Foundation for Student Success - Nine short, online videos discussing the Common Core State Standards presented by both David Coleman and Susan Pimentel, J.D.
The Teaching Channel - The Teaching Channel includes Common Core resources, teacher videos, strategies and lesson plans.