Select the image to view a narrated overview of the Comprehensive Induction Program for New Teachers
Steps for Initial Phase - New Teachers
During this time, your Mentor may assist you with the following:
- Becoming familiar with school, district, and state policies and procedures
- Securing materials such as supplies, curricular guides, and other resource materials
- Confirming that you have the appropriate technology, books, and professional materials
- Discussing specific guidelines, responsibilities, and events that are unique to your building
- Identifying locations in the school that you will need to know - library, cafeteria, playground, etc.
- Assuring that you understand the emergency policies and procedures
- Other needs as identified by you or the site
Your Mentor will also introduce you to other staff members and assist you with securing the resources that you may need to set up your classes and be effective in your new position. You may use the "School and District Resource Record" form to assure that pertinent information is easily accessible for use throughout your first school year.
Click on link for access to the following: Cycle One for Mentors / Cycle Two for Mentors (coming soon)