New Delaware Arts Standards
“Arts can transform lives. They give us the power to question, to confront, to explore and challenge the way we think about the world.” - Lucy Liu
On Thursday, March 17, the Delaware Board of Education voted to adopt new arts standards for Dance, Media Arts, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts. These statements of learning, developed by teachers for teachers, will replace standards that have been used to guide instruction in arts classrooms for the last 20 years. Utilizing a framework which includes Philosophical Foundations and Lifelong Learning, the new standards focus on the creative process and highlight learning that includes Creating, Performing, Responding and Connecting across arts disciplines.
Arts educators in public schools and in community and cultural institutions will begin professional learning this summer to unpack the standards and adapt them for use in their classrooms.
- Dance Standards
- Media Arts Standards
- Pre-K to 8 Music Standards
- High School Music Standards: Composition and Theory Strand
- High School Music Standards: Harmonizing Instruments
- High School Music Standards: Music Technology Strand
- High School Music Standards: Performing Ensemble
- Theatre Standards
- Visual Arts Standards
- An Introduction to Arts Standards for Delaware: PowerPoint