DOE Mission Statement
The Delaware Department of Education is committed to promoting the highest quality education for every Delaware student by providing visionary leadership and superior service. Therefore, within the next four years, Delaware will challenge its local education agencies to work together to achieve the following goals:
- 60% proficiency on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) on Grade 4 Math; 55% proficiency on Grade 4 Reading, Grade 8 Math and Grade 8 Reading by 2015.
- Racial (black-white and Hispanic-white) and income (low income-high income) achievement gaps that close by half on NAEP by 2015.
- 82% of students meet state standards in math and reading by 2017.
- An ESEA four-year graduation rate of 89% for the class of 2017.
- A college enrollment rate of 70% by 2014.
- A college retention rate of 85% by 2014, as measured by the percent of college students who complete at least one year of college credits within two years.