Diamond State Scholarship
- Legal residents of Delaware
- High school seniors who rank in upper quarter of class
- Combined score of at least 1290 on the SAT
- Enrolled as a full-time student in a degree program at a nonprofit, regionally accredited institution
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Approximately 50 awards/year
- Application opens on December 1, 2016 and All application materials must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on March 6, 2017.
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
- Completed application, including activities.
- Essay of no less than 1,000 and no more than 1,200 words, excluding headings and footnotes. Word count will be verified.
Choose one of the following essay titles:
With the continuing economic challenges facing the U.S. and the international community, what strategies would you implement to ensure that the next generation will be able to afford college, find rewarding employment, and save for the future?
Every generation is different from the previous generation in important ways. How is your generation different from that of your parents? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
If you could invent something new, what product would you develop? Use specific details to explain why this invention is needed.
- Provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office: For students attending Delaware public or charter high schools: The Delaware Higher Education Office will access your 9th through 11th grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.
For home-schooled students or students attending private high schools in Delaware: Please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9th through 11th grade high school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office by the scholarship deadline.